At the encouragement of my family and friends, I spent two days on a "company retreat" focused solely on Aerbits' Long term and Q4 Objectives and Key Results. I am sharing them here for transparency, in the belief that it will help Aerbits increase accountability to those goals.
I've spent a lifetime learning and improving, and so I knew goals are a great tool for tracking progress and remaining conscious of changes. For Aerbits the goals have grown and evolved over the last year. Even as a very small startup, though we don't have hundreds of employees to align on a mission, yet, we need to focus on the most important goals, actions, and metrics. We have a lot of work to do, and we need to make sure we are working on the right things.
Company-wide OKRs for Q4 2023
Objective 1: Solve Problems for San Francisco's Department of Public Works
With San Francisco being our original target market, and progress moving steadily forward on the pilot, we want to continue to focus on solving problems for San Francisco's Department of Public Works.
- Key Result: a reduction in the number of dumpsites on the ground by 80% within 15 days, and 95% within 30 days.
- Key Result: an increase in the number of dumpsites cleaned up within 48 hours by 80% within 15 days, and 95% within 30 days.
Objective 2: Build an awesome team
- Key Result: Spent 8 hours per week on recruiting. Hired a co-founder.
- Key Result: Spent 8 hours per week on fundraising. Raised $500k in Angel funding.
- Key Result: Spent 8 hours per week on accelerator applications. Apply to 5 Accelerators: YC, Southpark Commons, TBD...
Objective 3: Shepherd the San Francisco Aerbits Pilot to Success
- Key Result: having made calls to 5 city decision makers every day, have two questions prepared for them, and record the answers.
- Key Result: having 100 Bayview/Mission residents send a thank-you and support emails to DPW and Leadership.
- Key Result: having hosted 2 community events per month, with 20 attendees each.
- Key Result: Having demonstrated Aerbits' technology at Accelerate SF Hackathon. Having recruited 2-3 contributors. Having spent 15 hours hacking. Having spent 8 hours developing hackathon plan. Base solution on Aerbits Tech.
Objective 4: Grow our top of pipeline by 10x
- Key Result: Having signed up for and attended 2 conferences in the government tech spaces. Having spent 8 hours planning for each conference.
- Key Result: Having spent 8 hours per week on community outreach in 2 new markets. Having found 2 community partners in Oakland and Los Angeles. Each posted weekly local content.
- Key Result: Having spent 8 hours per week on influencer outreach in 2 new markets. Having found 3 local influencers in each new market, and they posted an informed and accurate content about Aerbits.